Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2003 11:09:57 AM EDT
So I got the HK itch but could'nt afford a real HK or a good clone.  Well, now that I think about it with all the money I spent I could have got a SAR3 or SAR8.

So I got this PTR91 about 2 weeks ago.  Looked like a solid rifle but with a few shortcomings.  Luckily I didn't get this thing when they were rampant with chamber spacing problems.  Still, the furniture on them sucks big time and my trigger housing was sitting too low( probably due to the reciever being not to spec).  I fix most of these problems myself and I can finally say Im happy with it and Im done fixing it.

Here is it with an ATN reflex red dot sight:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/j/sjz113/PTR91/ptr91-fin-reflex.jpg

Here it is with a 2-8x36 scope
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/j/sjz113/PTR91/ptr91-fin-scope.jpg

Parts I've added:

German wide forarm
POF Buttstock
E&L buttstock extension + cheek rest
Tapco Steel Stanag claw mount
New german extractor
German steel cocking tube cap
Buffertech buffer
US made MSG90 style grip frame

With the US grip frame, I can use import mags and still be legal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks great. Nice work. How bout a range report.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Errr...haven't had time to sit down at the range and do some serious shooting.  I zeroed the scope but didn't have time to shoot/measure my groupings.  I just zeroed the relfex sight today.  That was fun.  With the relfex, I can pull off 2" groups at 50 yards.  That might not be great compared to the irons but lining up follow up shots is a breeze.

So far I have hat no problems with Aussie and SA .308.  Shot 200 rounds of Australian and 60 SA.  No jams or mechanical problems.  Finish is starting to take a beating by the ejection port but thats to be expected.  Im not getting a port buffer.  I'd rather eat away at the finish so I can have an excuse to refinish it later with something thougher and more true the HK finishes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks Sharp!Definitely let us know how it shoots!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice upgrading

I toyed with the idea of getting a PTR but ended up getting a nice FAL.
(Already have a solid Cetme anyway)

What part of PA ? Im on the NY/Pa border
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Central PA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top