Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 6:36:37 AM EDT
Finally got a picture of the new 91. Had the USP since about 95-96 but finally got its big brother to keep it company.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice RD!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]

RD.  Looks good.  No bipod?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking good!

You might want to try the slimline forearm on that 91.  I really prefer it to the wide one, it handles quicker and is lighter.

Doesn't do as well with heat dissipitation though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looking good!

You might want to try the slimline forearm on that 91.  I really prefer it to the wide one, it handles quicker and is lighter.

Doesn't do as well with heat dissipitation though.

Yeah, I tried the one from my SAR-8 to check out the fit. It makes it a bit easier to handle but I still prefer the original.

mojo, did't get the bipod. Might pick one up sooner or later. I was happy to get the ejection port buffer, mag clamp, and sling. I guess you can't have it all at bargain prices.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep that wide forearm...it's worth it. I had(have?) a 93 (in the process of trading it for something just as neat ) with the wide forearm...After a couple mags, that wide forearm is worth it's weight in gold. Heat dissapation, and it's so easy to snag and bring to bear.

The bipod...eh. I had/have one for the 93...it's nice and all, but it's basically added weight when firing off-hand. Even if you lay it down to fire off of it..it's not the most comfortable thing to shoot from.

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The bipod...eh. I had/have one for the 93...it's nice and all, but it's basically added weight when firing off-hand. Even if you lay it down to fire off of it..it's not the most comfortable thing to shoot from.

You can take it off, Ed.
 It's good to have it, just in case.
 I do agree with you it's not comfortable shooting with bipod laying down; eventhough more accurate, but the shoulder absorbs more recoil.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top