Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2003 11:17:17 AM EDT
I just bought a new grip to replace the old one and I cannot get the old grip off.  I have removed the only visible screw that goes through the center of the grip but it still won't come off.   Am I missing something?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I got it.  In case anyone is wondering, the grip that I had on my clone was extremely difficult to remove.  It really takes some prying.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I just replaced mine a few days ago (I think Monday). My HK was built in 80 and it was probably the original grip. It was a bit tight so I layed a layer of paper against it and rapped it a couple of times with a set of pliers (sorta like your momma did to the lid on a jar). That seemed to break free whatever had caused the two parts to adhere. It easily slid off as a result. So yes indeed, there is nothing else supposedly holding it on, other than the primary screw on the side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top