Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2003 7:29:57 PM EDT
I saw one of these for sale on gunbroker.com a year or so ago and was never really that interested in them until now.  I've finally decided to try'n get a HK clone since real HK prices have been rediculous lately.  Are they one of the better copies?  Any problems with function/fit?  They were actually sold by Springfield Armory right?  I'm looking for pre-ban if its possible to get one...my plan is possibly to get a pre-ban and an A-3 stock and have a somewhat cheap carbine.  HOW MUCH? I know that the SAR-8 I saw went for like 1150$.  Any input is appriciated!

Link Posted: 8/14/2003 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a postban Greek SAR8. Awesome shooter/quality. Right up there with the German guns I have seen/shot. I paid ~$1000 for mine in a nearly unfired condition over a year ago. Expect to pay more for a preban SAR3/8. Other than a real HK, these are the best, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second everything SP10 said.  I've got three of them and the quality is almost up to that of the German guns.  Far better than any other G3/CETME clone out there, but about half the price (or less) of a real German HK.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can't get a Greek SAR-8, the get an FMP G-3. FMP built the G-3 under license from H&K. I have ome and it's as reliable as a brick.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#4]
SGT_Gold,

The FMP products will continue to get harder to find. The FMP plant in Portugal has been out of business for over ten years. The parts on the market are surplus. FMP finally sold the last of their surplus last year. There is no more FMP parts available. They are now a ammo factory, and don't manufacturer weapons.

We are importers and know who are HK Licensed factories. We are the exclusive importer and distributor of POF. They are the oldest HK Licensed manufacturer. They were licensed by HK in 1964. We sell only factory new, HK Licensed parts, from POF.
Best regards,

Frank
POF-USA
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a postban Greek SAR8. Awesome shooter/quality. Right up there with the German guns I have seen/shot. I paid ~$1000 for mine in a nearly unfired condition over a year ago. Expect to pay more for a preban SAR3/8. Other than a real HK, these are the best, IMO.

I think the Springfield Armory Greek-manufacture SAR8 are as every bit as good as the German-made HK originals. The rear sight on the SAR8 for windage doesn't need the special HK sight adjustment tool. Its just a bit different.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I saw one of these for sale on gunbroker.com a year or so ago and was never really that interested in them until now.  I've finally decided to try'n get a HK clone since real HK prices have been rediculous lately.  Are they one of the better copies?  Any problems with function/fit?  They were actually sold by Springfield Armory right?  I'm looking for pre-ban if its possible to get one...my plan is possibly to get a pre-ban and an A-3 stock and have a somewhat cheap carbine.  HOW MUCH? I know that the SAR-8 I saw went for like 1150$.  Any input is appriciated!

I have a preban Springfield Armory SAR-3 made by Hellenic Arms. It is every bit as good as a H&K product. The HK A-3 stock, as well as all HK91 accessories will fit the SAR-3. However, if you're a purist like me, you might notice that the black finish on the Greek SAR-3 is a lighter shade than the black finish on a genuine HK91. If you put a HK91A3 retractable buttstock on your SAR-3, the buttstock assembly including the backplate will not perfectly match the black finish on your SAR-3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top