Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2003 8:16:15 AM EDT
Recently purchased a like new G3.  Shoots a bit left and the rear sight is almost maxed out to the right.  The front post appears to be an insert that slides into the front sight hood.  And seems to be held in place by a small roll pin.

The post also seems to be off center to the right (non symmetrical).  I wanted to flip the post insert around, so that it would be off center to the left, thereore allowing me to move the rear sight back to center...

Problem is, I can't punch that roll pin out

Any ideas?  Thanks and regards.  JP
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The sight post insert is made out of mild steel.  If you are having problems geting the pin out, just grab the post with a set of needle nose plyers and straight/bent it to where you need it.  Just go slow and precise, I have had to straight a few out and it works every time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thanks... but now I have no post.

I bent it gently and it snapped off.  Seems like very brittle metal, I barely used any pressure.

Any ideas where I can get a new insert?

Thanks,  JP

OK, ordered a couple from numrich's
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:03:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a better source for parts.

www.aa-ok.com/

I'm guessing that you  really tried to bend the hell out of it, instead of just a little over.  I have moved more than a handfull and never had had one snap.  

As for the roll pin, just put the butt stock on the ground and drive the roll pin towards the butt stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top