Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2003 9:17:36 AM EDT
*Cross-posted from hkpro.com

Let me apologize profusely before hand, I'm without a doubt a FNG... my new USC is my first H&K.

I've been taking the time to acquaint myself with my rifle, how it works, how to operate it correctly, and how to break it down and maintain it. So, naturally, I followed the instructions on how to break down the bolt. I removed the firing pin assembly as instructed by the manual. Great. Then, upon reinserting the firing pin assembly back into the bolt, I found that the back of the firing pin assembly is now flush with the rear face of the bolt! I am wondering if this is how it is supposed to be. In order for the front of the firing pin to protrude out of the bolt and hit the cartridge primer, the rear of the pin has to be pushed INTO the bolt. It would seem to me that the back of the assembly should protrude a bit from the rear face of the bolt so that the hammer can fully strike it. I've taken the pin assembly out and put it back in a hundred times now, and I've closely examined the instructions and how the pieces seem to work together, and no matter what it still comes together this way.

So my question is, is this correct, or did I really screw something up? I'd really like to make sure I have this thing together right before I even think of putting live rounds thru it.

Being the new guy sucks. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Mike
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it supposed to be like that. Mine is and it shoots fine. Take it out and test fire it. The worse thing that could happen is a FTF.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your reply!

I did eventually find out that it is indeed supposed to be like that.

Thanks again!
Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top