Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2003 9:00:21 PM EDT
hey guys, i dont mean to open a huge can of worms here by asking such a broad question, with a hundred different choices for an answer.
i have never had very much experience with scopes. i just would like a push in the right direction here. i would like to put a scope on my HK, and want to know what the current makes and models are. i want something that can shoot out to 300 yards or so. i would prefer something that does not cost over a couple hundred (if possible), because i wont shoot it very often (i dont want a piece of junk either).
thanks for any advice!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, i just some mounts advertised elsewhere for over 200$...lol.
do you have a pic of your rifle with the scope mounted? if so, i would like to see it!
i dont care about the claw marks really... mine has a few scratches in the "paint" already.
i will revise the budget up to 4 or 5 hundred.
thanks for your advice!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Eraser, as far as mounts go, you should really look at the receiver rails made by Brugger & Thomet. They will allow you to mount the scope a lot lower than an ARMS/HK claw mount and they won't nick up your receiver.

When you want to order one, contact B.L. Farley at Outdoor Specialties. He's a great guy to deal with and will give you honest advice.

BTW, I speak from experience. I purchased a B&T mount to put an EO Tech 552 on my HK-94.

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Whatever you do,,DON'T buy the B-Square POS mount.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Whatever you do,,DON'T buy the B-Square POS mount.

LOL...
RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

I have an old HK 940 and i wasn't satisfied untill i got a HK clamp mount.  mod#05???

my advice.  go factory.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Eraser, as far as mounts go, you should really look at the receiver rails made by Brugger & Thomet. They will allow you to mount the scope a lot lower than an ARMS/HK claw mount and they won't nick up your receiver.

When you want to order one, contact B.L. Farley at Outdoor Specialties. He's a great guy to deal with and will give you honest advice.

BTW, I speak from experience. I purchased a B&T mount to put an EO Tech 552 on my HK-94.

home.insightbb.com/~toneboy2000/images/05_hk94_001.jpg

Agree with Matt_B on his HK94.  On any HK subguns, low profile mounts are the best.

With HK 91 (in this case) where 300 yds is the range, then I think high profile mount is the better.  High profile will help to clear the rear sight when install power scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top