Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2003 8:14:23 PM EDT
Besides compactness and the "cool factor", what is the advantage of having the collapsable stock? Is there a postban stock that has the look of the A3? ( just in case I slum it and get an SW5 ).
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
You pretty much nailed it. The compactness is nice and makes moving the 94 around a bit easier (I like short rifles).

That being said, if I had bought a post-ban, I would stick with the A2 stock. The A3 looks cool but, IMHO, not enough so that it outweighs the compactness factor.

Also, if I could SBR my 94, I could live with an A2 stock. Losing 8" in barrel length would compensate for the length gained with the solid stock.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, Matt
the A2 stock is kind of growing on me lately, but ACE seems to have some interesting offerings as well. maybe I'll have the choice of either by the end of september '04.
we can own SBR's in PA, I am assuming from your post that in IL you cannot. that sucks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I totally agree. If you have a SBR, a A2 is much more functional then the A3. The A3 gets in the way of my fat cheeks and is uncomfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top