Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 12:06:36 AM EDT
I want to buy one of these. I cant afford a real MP5, so this is my option. Does anyone have any info on these? good, bad? What about accesories?
Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you really researched sPeSHul wePponS?You might want to think again.There are TONS of horror stories about Toad from SW.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Go look over at www.full-auto.com and you will find plenty to laugh at.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Matt, you can have one that will shoot.  Just have Jayson at IGF build it for you.  I have a SW5 that he built with a sheet metal reciever.  Over 5000 rounds without a FTF or FTE.  No stoppages of anykind.  Dont know if it will last as long as my HK94. Time will tell. It cost me around $1300.  He has a group buy going on.  The time might have expired but talk to him and he might be able to do something for you. You'll avoid the the whole TOAD thing, but the quality has gotten better.  Jayson will set you up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Special Weapons--great firearms.
 Customer service--impeccable.

Yeah, right!!
 One more thing, 1 yr warranty starts when Todd ships the weapons to his dealers--what a novel idea.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#7]
My son's SW5 is 2 years old now, and his frinds and him shoot the shit out of it. It's time for a new extractor and spring, Because we mainly shoot Wolf. It's a great shooter. And it's one of our rental guns. I'm not to happy with the Pakie mags, But thats a mag thing.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Like others have said, contact Jayson at IGF. I was talking to him on email about doing a MP5 (SBR) or MP5K (AOR) semi clone. Sadly, I don't have the money to do it now (thought I would. Shitty economy = no overtime). But Jayson took the time to answer every email, no matter how dumb the question probably was.

I have also heard good things about Ohio Rapid Fire.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Nice toys, LARRYG36.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 earlier SW cast receiver guns..a SW5 (9mm) and a SW45 (.45) I love them both. I actually got rid of my $3000 HK94 that I didn't dare shoot because I might get dirt on it or something. I know some have had problems, but mine run like champs.

It seems like everyone her hates Special Weapons...I hope they all have actual experience with them and it's not just "I heard so-and-so's gun really sucked" that's too bad if that's the case.

My $0.02....I am ready to get flamed now...
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#11]
If you can find a SW5 that you know works for shure, or was a SW reciever built by a competitent smith that took their time, then I'd say hell ya go for it... But if its just some SW5 you've never seen or fired then I would be exetremely cautus.. Personally, I'd just buy all the parts from as many factory new, or lightly used parts, and have Jayson build you one. He'll make shure it works, and make shure the thing looks as good or better then an actual HK. Hes also a realyl nice guy, hes building me a PSG style rifle real soon.

www.InvestmentGradeFirearms.Com
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I actually think most of SW's guns are decent. The big problem is Todd. lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#13]
SO-COM you SHURE spell like TOAD. Realyl!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dunt inshult meh. :P
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

. Thats funi.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL! Just kidding! Good comeback!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#17]
was'nt there one other company that was producing rebuilds of SW5 firearms? For some reason i remember it being in Arizona.

If Todd would get his shit straight nobody would have to spend extra cash to get their weapon right.              
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:56:37 AM EDT
[#18]
110, you might be thinking of Arizona Response Systems. I have heard a lot of good things about Investment Grade Firearms. If you want them to put on together for you, you can buy the receiver and parts from FAC Wholesale.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:10:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I have Todds USC conversion and it works good. Not on FTF or FTE. I am now waiting on an upgraded version with a plastic lower and UMP style stock. I keep up with HK54.com and in some of his posts, Todd admits to using sub-par materials in some of his weapons but also says that he won't use them again due to breakage. Maybe the guy is trying, I don't know the whole story behind him. I did criticize the use of roll pins in the USC conversion and the guy didn't get mad or ban me from his board. He asked me exactly what I didn't like about the conversion and I told him. I also have purchased an SW-52 and hope that goes well but won't know till the end of the year when production gets underway. All I can say is the lower conversion on my USC works fine. When I receive the SW-52, I will let everyone know how it goes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#20]
i recommend www.ohiorapidfire.com/ if your looking for HK clones.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Todd @ Ohio Rapid Fire, and Jason @ IGF,
are both excellent builders of HK weapons.

I have seen their products they manufacture and
they are sweet.
They both have excellent customer service, and support before and after the weapon is sold to the client. They stand behind everything they sell.

What more can a customer ask for?
A customer should be treated with respect at all times. Remember, they are spending there hard earned money with you.

This is how we conduct business with our clients/customers. Our customers needs always comes first.
Best regards,

Frank
POF-USA
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I purchased a SW5FS about a month ago and I love it.  I took it to the range twice and had two FTEs' both in the first 200 rds.  After that there were no problems.  Just went through an advanced tactical course and I put over 400 rds through it.  THe only problems were operator error (I was riding the bolt home rather than slapping the lever).  Other than that, no problems.  It was super accurate with incredibly tight groups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top