Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 7:54:02 PM EDT
I've seen the receivers for sale in Shotgun News, and the parts kits, so... Anybody built one up?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really worth the trouble, IMO. Unless one is a damn good amateur gunsmith or does it for a living.

While I admire those can do such things, I have enough sense (barely) to know that **I** shouldn't attempt such things.    

Why not just buy a G3?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The pain is welding up the trunion in the receiver, while keeping it straight.

The old FMP receivers came with the trunnion/cocking tube pre-welded, all you had to do is just press the barrel in and drill the retaing pin slot.

Unless you can get your hands on one of the old FMP welded receivers, it's best to sub the welds out to someone how has the jigs to hold the barrel/trunion straight during the welding.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I admit my ignorance, I don't know what the hell a HK-91 is, for sure.

I do know that ORF has HK's listed on their site.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I admit my ignorance, I don't know what the hell a HK-91 is, for sure.

It's the semiauto-only version of the G3.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#5]
check out HK91.com for some good info.  Building one IMO is more trouble than it's worth unless you've already got the equipment to do it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my friends just completed the welding on an FMP reciver/HK kit this week. He is waiting for the OD green finish (Lauer Duracoat) to finish curing, and hopes to fire it this week. He tig welded the receiver, and it took him quite a bit of patient work. This is his first build, and he used his HK91 as a guide for doing the welds. He thinks the welds came out as least as nice as his HK. We'll see if it goes bang or boom!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top