Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 4:01:31 PM EDT
Ok, so I bought a century G3 1)What do I need to check? Is there some items of interest that should be inspected to make sure I havent been had? I had heard a long time ago of some clearance, that should be checked/inspected. I am curious because although the gun looks real nice and fires fairly well (it needs a sight adjustment) 2)Where do I get the tool to adjust rear elevation? About every 5 to 10 shots it fails to eject. it always extracts and fully ejected shells are sent flying with great zeal (holy crap). When it does jam; a new round is being fed, and the spent casing is spun around backwards and is holding the bolt open. Not exactly a "stove pipe" per say, but the shell is sitting head towards bore and case mouth towards bolt. 3) Is this common? Do you understand what I mean? Even a trouble shooting link would help.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you clean it real good before you shot it? This includes using a chamber brush.

It sounds like maybe the extractor is slipping off the case rim before it can eject. Clean it real good & check the spring tension with the bolt out.

Yes, it IS normal to fling brass a country mile.

I'm kinda clueless on the rear sight tool as mine didn't need a tool to move the sight.

Tapco may be one of the better aftermarket companies for parts, IMO.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The rear sight needs a elevation adjustment it shoots a pile low. It must be something like you said about cleaning, the thing cant just extract and eject just fine 75% of the time and then fail the rest . I will give her the old solvent tank, elbow grease, and pressurized air special :-)
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Century rifles of all types are known for having problems.
I have found that even Cetme rifles are problem prone. Find a good gunsmith who knows the rifles and have him look at it if you cannot exchange it. Often is is a simple issue but if it is a head space issue take it back. Could just the the mag/ejector clearance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top