Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 1:44:24 PM EDT

Question about slings, tactical slings, etc...

What's a good sling to use on an HK94/93? I don't need super-duper go-fast tactical slings with built in mag pouches, flashlights, thermal grenades, switchblades, etc...I want something quick, easy, that doesn't require a math degree to put on and use. A simple dorky sling is..well, simple and dorky, and it's hard to just let the thing go and know it'll be easy to grab and start shooting with.

I've heard good things about the Giles tacslings, but...they're kinda pricy for what they do. $50 for a sling? To me, that's approaching full out highway robbery I'll spend if I have to, but I'd want some independent input on this one, before I drop a wad on something that won't do the job.

Any thoughts/suggestions for things to get?

Thanks all!

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not use an actual G3 sling?
You do need to have a real G3 buttstock with
a slot in it.
They cost anywhere between 12 and 17 bucks.
Brown leather and easy to install
Try Tapco or Cheeaper than dirt.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Try a piece of paracord cut to the correct length threaded through your clip in the butstock where the G3 sling would clip.

Make sure you tie a square knot and put some half hitches in and cover the knots with 100mph tape.
This expedient single point sling works well and is cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top