Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 4:32:27 AM EDT
Has anyone tried this trigger modification on their HK91? I'm thinking of getting a trigger group kit and keeping the HK orignal. If you've tried this I would like to hear of your experiance.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an HK93 with the level 1 Williams trigger (least expensive). Very nice improvement over the factory trigger. After the first stage take up there is virtually no creep. Nice crisp let off. Makes an excellent combat trigger.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used 91 with his set trigger assembly and it's the cat's ass.

Very nice, and the standard trigger pull is cleaned up dramatically, even if you don't use the set option.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I had Williams do trigger jobs for my post-ban HK SR9 and Springfield Armory greek-receivered SAR8. I have interchanged the trigger packs on both my rifles, and it functions like a champ. Williams could tell the diff. in the construction between the SR9 and SAR8 triggers. So you could probably get a HK-clone trigger pack and have it modified for set trigger etc without messing with your origin HK. I would contact Williams regarding which trigger packs to get/buy just in case he gets picky, and may not work on it if he sees a problem or makes you do extensive mods before he will do the work. I had him do the trigger job on my original HK trigger, and what he is not visible to my eye, externally it looks like just an ordinary HK trigger pack. I had the level one trigger job done, and man it is the difference betwen night and day. Dropped the original trigger let-off down to 5.5lbs from 9lbs .
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
link?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah, just to second what's been said, Williams' work is top-notch, and the set trigger is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I had Williams do a Contour job on my FA91 and they reduced the pull to 4.5 lbs and the creep is virtually gone. Before I shipped it I think the pull was around 9.5 lbs or so. I highly recommend thier work and plan to have them do 2 more when I finally get my new clones done.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
link?

Williams Triggers Specialties

I got the standard trigger job and both lowers for my HK-94A3. Both times, they got the pull weight down to 4.25 lbs with almost no creep. The HK triggers now seems almost as smooth as the Jewell trigger on my AR - almost.

BTW, WTS (Williams Trigger Specialties) will allow you to upgrade your trigger job later if you decide you want the next step up. Check their site for details. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the set trigger at least not until you've tried the standard or contoured trigger jobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top