Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2003 9:25:06 AM EDT
Here is a pic of my G3.  I have added the wide handguard (which is great) and I have the bipod which is not on the pic.  I am going to e picking up a scope mount soon and a nice scope.  

What else have you guys done to "spruce up" your G3's?  

Link Posted: 4/28/2003 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
What you have already done is everything that I have done.
All I do now is practice, practice, practice.

For $350 you can add a retractble buttstock but I think that will make it a illegal length. Not 100% sure on the clones,  but for sure you cant do it to a AR. I cant imagine the law being different for the two.

Its a awesome gun, clone or not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
While I don't have a G-3 I do have a HK-91 and I have the case port buffer ( i use to use it for HP silhouette and reloaded for it) and I also added the carry handle
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p96a581c1453053de983aa260af8ed763/fdd8d140.jpg{/img}
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
While I don't have a G-3 I do have a HK-91 and I have the case port buffer ( i use to use it for HP silhouette and reloaded for it) and I also added the carry handle
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 4:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]
First off, you can't legally add the A3 retractable stock unless either a.)you install a registered sear (about $5500-$6000), b.)you permenently weld the stock in the open position.

Some other ideas though...

Since you are in a C3 friendly state, if you can afford a registered sear, I highly recommend it.  Nothing like that third selector position.  Alternatively, you could register it as an SBR, and have it cut down to a 12.4" barrel G3k or an 8.9" barrel 51.  I have a 51 and love it; its like an MP5 on steroids and sounds like a .50.

Case buffer and carry handle is definitely a good idea.  Other than that, I don't know what else you'd want/need to put on it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]

I thought about getting the A3 stock for my 91, until I shot another HK with one .

All I have is the e-port buffer, a steel feet bi-pod (beware the ones with the plastic feet) ARMS claw mount and a HK rimfire kit I picked up at KCR a few years back (fun in the winter at the indoor range).
I screwed up years back and let a heavy trunion mount bi-pod slip through my fingers. Those things are as scarce as hens teeth.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Sydney, Your Cenntury G3 looks fantastic with the wide forearm inplace of the skinny tropical handgard. I was walking in a gun shop in my area and had the chance to handle the Century G3 and to say the least i was impressed with its appearance and overall look. Its no Heckler and Kock by a long shot, but for a 500.00 price tag compaired to a 2000.00 HK91 it is an excellent value for the best bang for the buck.

Stayaway from the A3 stock as it would make your G3 out of compliance and worth a trip to jail with bubba.

The A3 stock is heavy as hell on the G3 and has no more comfort level than the underfolding stock of the AK. It looks cool but its not worth 250.00 dollars and jail time.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Just get a scope mount.  ARMS is best.  

And the HK sling and cleaning kit.  The Sig cleaning kit from Cheaper Than Dirt is the best .30 cal rifle cleaning kit I have ever seen. Get the adaptor to allow US Wal-Mart brushes to fit the metric cleaning rod.
As for a scope, there was an outfit in Texas selling surplus Israeli Kahles scopes in SGN with a 7.62X51 bullet drop compensator and range finding reticle. It takes 26mm rings (how weird is that?) and the standard 1" rings that look like they will fit leave ugly gouges on the side of the scope.  AMHIK Weigand opened up some steel 1" rings for me for a few bucks and it works great. The US SAW pouch holds HK magazines just fine, as does the M14 pouch.  Get lots of magazines.  I like steel, and Cheaper Than Dirt has them too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:24:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top