Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2002 3:45:08 PM EDT
 For some unknown reason I'm starting to consider a FAL. I would like a L1A1 with a humpback stock,all wood furniture ,and a muzzlebrake that looks like the OEM flashhider. I saw a fake FH on the DSA site but it was solid. Would it be a violation to have a solid one drilled with the holes themselves being directional?
  In choosing a receiver for it,did IMBEL make any Type #1 or #2's with the gear logo and nothing else? I hope to find one w/o Cemtury,Entreprise,or Hesse trademarks.
  And lastly,what else can be installed on a IMBEL M444 for a muzzlebrake? The brake thats installed is butt ugly!

Thanks for your help guys! I "understand" my AR and M14 Poly,but I don't know jack about FAL's.

PS. If you're cussin' at your DSA,or Century, etc... Wouild that make you a FAL-mouth?? LOL!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want an L1A1, your only receiver choice is Entreprise. They are currently making the only true Inch pattern receiver on the market. I got a really beautiful Australian L1A1 parts kit and have ordered the Entreprise receiver (with matching serial number to the parts kits) for the very reason that I wanted an authentic L1A1 as possible.

Once you drill holes in a solid muzzle weight (it's obviously not a brake, just a barrel extension) you have manufactured a non-ATF approved muzzle attachment. Is the ATF going to come after you? Probably not, but you would be on your own.

Imbel receivers are only available as a Type 3. Any receiver that has been inported since 1989 will have the importer stamp along with the manufacturer markings.

For the M444 you should install a fake belgian short combo device, since that would "look" right. There are any number of other brake options. Try TAPCO, RPB, and Smith Enterprices. For my L:1A1 build I am having the stock flash hider sleeved so that I maintain an authentic profile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top