Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2002 5:35:28 PM EDT
I am new to the FAL scene and would some advice about a Hesse R1A1. A know a man with one for sale at a reasonable price and am thinking about buying it. Anybody have any opinions one way or the other? Good, Bad or Ugly?
        Thanks, Doc
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
This was likley put together by Century.It is a hit or miss thing.That being said I have one from Century on a Hesse reciever.It has a mismatched #'s STG-58 kit in great shape.Like they were grabbing the best parts out of the piles.for some reason Century dismantels the rifles and put them into bin instead of keeping the kit together.Mine works perfect.I dont remember a malfunction.shoot about 2" with most anything.Alittle better with some.Runs on #6 gas setting.All of that being said I would want to shoot it before buying or get a warrenty from the guy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Here is the Hesse.

Her is a pis of my DS Arms SA58
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If the guy who owns it guarantees that it runs, trouble free, go ahead and buy it. Top dollar would be ~ $350, and you can get a new CIA L1A1 gun on an Imbel receiver from FAC for $389
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Century built with a Hesse receiver its marked Hesse FAL-H. I also have a Century built on their own receiver marked Century R1A1. I've seen R1A1s built on Imbel Receivers but never an R1A1 from Century built on a Hesse receiver. Is it marked Hesse? If not, it probably isn't, this holds true for Imbel also.

Either way I've had excellent luck with both of these guns. I look at it this way,the FAL is my favorite rifle, but rack grade from Century, DSA FN or any of the others you are looking at 2-4 inches at 100 yards so why spend the extra if you don't have to.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the difference between a "metric" and a "inch" FAL? Is the Hesse FAL metric or inch pattern?
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
For lots of detailed info on the difference between Inch, Metric, and Israeli FAL types see www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38745

Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
David C,
I would like more info on the L1A1 on the Imbel receiver from FAC for $389.

Who is FAC, and what is their website?
Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the quick response.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Get the fal on the imbel reciever and you won't have a thing to worry about, watch out for the hesse's they have a bad rap. You should check them out at the falfiles.com If you can get the stg58 as they are the best of the fal family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top