Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 12:15:03 PM EDT
I'd like to put a red dot and light on my DSA Para and don't really want to mess with the railed top cover. Are the DSA handguards any good?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
They're very solid.  I got a quad pic rail one coming from DSA but they sent me the M-Lok on accident instead of the quad pic rail and I almost considered keeping the M-Lok because I liked it a lot, and I typically don't care for M-Lok stuff as I've always been a pic fan.

The machining on it is very nice, and it feels real solid.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Great! Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one along with the DSA para scope mount. I would not recommend mounting any optic or sight to the hand guard itself. The rail is good quality and solid but does not line up perfectly with the dust cover rail. Unsure whether or not it’s due to how it mounts but tightening it down does not straighten it out as I tried taking every mounting screw out to get it to straighten out slightly. Have an ACOG on the aft rail that works fine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting. Do you have much of an issue with losing your ACOG's zero when you disassemble your Para?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Since I don’t need to take the “dust cover” rail off everything stays pretty solid as is. It helps that the spring guide in DSAs scope mounts are detachable so the bolt carrier comes out similar to an AR

Edit: I do have an Olight on the rail which works very well
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool! I didn't realize the spring guide in DSA scope mounts is removable. I'd much rather have rail over the receiver than the fore end but thought that you would loose your zero every time you cleaned the gun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The rail isn’t exactly the easiest thing to remove which is probably why they opted for the detachable spring guide. But it stays in one place and is flat against the rear sight base to somewhat ensure it’s as straight as it can be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top