Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2020 9:47:54 PM EDT
I have come across what appears to be a nice Federal Arms FAL on what I believe is a Coonan receiver.  Fit and finish appears good.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this maker was a lemon or GTG?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how they are with regards to the FAL, but I can tell you they were known to make piss poor HK-91/G3 clones.  Based on that I'd avoid them as their G3 rifles were real lemons.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Coonan receivers are gtg
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info Zebzz.  I will walk away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
When it comes to "parts guns" and the FAL, you are better off with something built on an IMBEL receiver, or a DSA receiver. Less chance that you are buying "somebody's headache."
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
@ssgtward

W_E_G posted some good information on them and it looks like their FALs may actually be good rifles unlike the G3 variants.  The article he posted was from the owner of Arizona Response Systems who is one of, if not the best FAL gunsmiths.  He had good things to say about the FedArm FAL w/ Coonan receiver.  If he endorsed it then I'd imagine it's a solid rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top