Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2020 7:34:23 PM EDT
Hello I recently bought a parts kit.  I was wondering if anyone had advice on who to have put it together for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Preferably someone that is reasonable
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
arizona response systems.
you get what you pay for. iirc 300$ gets you a built and painted rifle. with all that goes into it. thats CHEAP.
oh it also comes sighted in
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
arizona response systems.
you get what you pay for. iirc 300$ gets you a built and painted rifle. with all that goes into it. thats CHEAP.
oh it also comes sighted in
View Quote

If it was $600 it would be a deal for what he does, and it will work when he’s done. I’ve built several in the past, had him do my STG58 in 2000, it’s perfect.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Terry Bridwell in Oregon is also a good one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:01:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#7]

+1 for Gunplumber from me as well. He put together two Israeli FAL parts kits for me in 2019 and they both came out great and the pricing was reasonable. I gifted one of them to my dad and he was blown away by the quality of the build.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't let anyone other than Gunplumber build your FAL.

He built an L1A1 for me and it was perfect.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't let anyone other than Gunplumber build your FAL.

He built an L1A1 for me and it was perfect.
View Quote

There are a handful of others that can also be recommended, such as Bridwell or Randy Kline.  The number of genuine and competent gunsmiths who are FAL experts is very small.  Mark is definitely the best of them, though.  Sometimes the others can cost a bit less and/or have faster turnaround times.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Does Moses still build FAL’s ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does Moses still build FAL’s ?
View Quote

Dunno, but it sounds like a great way to lose your money and maybe your stuff, too.  His reputation is in the toilet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#12]
If you have a decent mounted vice you could save the 300 bucks or whatever and wrench it together yourself.

They go together pretty simply. Honestly not any harder or much different than putting a AR15 together.

About the only tools you would need that are special are the receiver vice/wrench and a bore sight to help with the front and rear sight alignment. Maybe some pin gauges and a go/no go gauge to determine what size locking shoulder you will need
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you have a decent mounted vice you could save the 300 bucks or whatever and wrench it together yourself.

They go together pretty simply. Honestly not any harder or much different than putting a AR15 together.

About the only tools you would need that are special are the receiver vice/wrench and a bore sight to help with the front and rear sight alignment. Maybe some pin gauges and a go/no go gauge to determine what size locking shoulder you will need
View Quote

Lately, it seems most of the build I do need bbl shoulder removed to time properly.  Makes me glad I have a lathe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top