Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2020 11:45:27 PM EDT
The Israeli LB kits at PSA are on clearance for $299.99 and DSA has Israeli receivers in stock currently. Unfortunately the DSA barrels are out of stock. Anyone have a source for barrels?

PSA Izzy kits

DSA type 1 receiver
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Never built a FAL but I ordered on of those kits a few days ago. I'd like to get the forged lower when its in stock. I have no idea what barrel to look for.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive never built one, what is involved?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Must resist already have an FAL .
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
You animals got all the receivers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pro_Patria_431:
You animals got all the receivers.
View Quote

New to the game. How long until these are restocked?
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 11:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pro_Patria_431] [#7]
They say the barrels will be not much longer and haven't mentioned ETA on the Hebrew marked receivers. They have type 1 receivers in stock if you don't care about the markings.

ETA: just saw your waiting for the forged receiver.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my $299 PSA kit. it looks pretty good. I think everything is there. No muzzle device. The 6 mags I got also look good. Unmarked.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The receivers in OP are back in stock. -1
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
I have a 21" Rhodie barrel sitting on my bench. Would this barrel be appropriate for this kit?
View Quote

If it's a real Rhodie barrel it's probably worth a few bucks if it's not worn out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I rolled the dice on one.  I seen pictures of the kits and they look like type two kits, but I see DS Arms has a type 1 receiver for these kits.    I already have an Imbel barrel with a gas block.  

Does anyone know for certain if the Israeli light barrel front site parts, gas tube, gas regulator, and gas plug, fit the Imbel gas block?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 2:20:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By APBullet:
I rolled the dice on one.  I seen pictures of the kits and they look like type two kits, but I see DS Arms has a type 1 receiver for these kits.    I already have an Imbel barrel with a gas block.  

Does anyone know for certain if the Israeli light barrel front site parts, gas tube, gas regulator, and gas plug, fit the Imbel gas block?
View Quote

You'll need to swap the Izzy gas block for the Imbel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my kit today and it's really nice and either never fired or fired very very little. I immediately jumped on PSA's site and ordered another. Hell of a deal for 300 bucks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:
Got my kit today and it's really nice and either never fired or fired very very little. I immediately jumped on PSA's site and ordered another. Hell of a deal for 300 bucks.
View Quote

Lucky you lol. Mine's definitely seen some use. I have a vertical takedown lever, and no muzzle brake in my package. A buddy got the opposite- horizontal and brake.

I like it though- it's got some patina and I don't have to care about tool marks as I reassemble it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#18]
So with the vertical takedown lever would a lugged barrel be the correct model?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Picked one up. New to FALs
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Yours looks alot like mine. My hand guards are terribly mismatched, two completely different colors. PSA told me "oh well" when I asked about it
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine kit came in tonight.   So far kit looks to have seen moderate use.  Handguard wood does pretty much match.   Handguard metal was damaged/bent.   Was able to get it back to close to normal.  Stock is in pretty good shape.  Needs a good cleaning.
Will see how it fits once I get  it all together whenever that may be.    Have not looked at rest of parts, jumped on the handguard right away.
Guess for the price can't go wrong.  Now if DSA would get those barrels restocked and get my receiver sent I can get going on this bad boy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RobertM:
View Quote

Gotta time the barrel, and use a pin gauge set to find out what size locking shoulder you need to buy.

In this case, gotta buy a $350 barrel along with a $450 reciever.  Locking shoulder costs extra.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Will a barrel like thiswork or do we need the lightweight Israeli one?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 8:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pro_Patria_431] [#24]

Almost there.

ETA: @jwc179
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#25]
My kit arrived today.  The metal parts are in great condition with most of the finish.  Handguard are matching and the wood is nice with a few dings.  Carrier has most of the finish with I think is a Belgian proof mark.  The bolt face looks unfired. The lower is a type two with a vertical take down lever and has no numbers.   The stock has repair on top by the buttplate with a few gouges, is dark, and lots of nasty crud.   Missing was one hand guard spacer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#26]
My kit arrived today.  The metal parts are in great condition with most of the finish.  Handguard are matching and the wood is nice with a few dings.  Carrier has most of the finish with I think is a Belgian proof mark.  The bolt face looks unfired. The lower is a type two with a vertical take down lever and has no numbers.   The stock has repair on top by the buttplate with a few gouges, is dark, and lots of nasty crud.   Missing was one hand guard spacer.
View Quote

Mine is missing one spacer as well. I think yours was supposed to be missing both, I'll send shipping instructions.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmokeEater2] [#27]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

Gotta time the barrel, and use a pin gauge set to find out what size locking shoulder you need to buy.

In this case, gotta buy a $350 barrel along with a $450 reciever.  Locking shoulder costs extra.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Originally Posted By RobertM:

$350 dollar barrel?  DSA lists them at $125 for the Israeli barrel. Close on the receiver though, Mine was $414.

ETA- Locking shoulder is included with the kit. You can generally trade it for another size on the FF if needed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Mine is missing one spacer as well. I think yours was supposed to be missing both, I'll send shipping instructions.
View All Quotes

A lot of the Izzy light barrels were issued with only one spacer, Izzy heavy's always had two to the best of my knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:

A lot of the Izzy light barrels were issued with only one spacer, Izzy heavy's always had two to the best of my knowledge.
View Quote

Good to know. I looked at the pic on PSA's site and it showed only one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my second kit today and very happy again for a $300 kit. This one appears to be earlier production (14XX serial) and it's a lot dirtier than the first but everything so far looks to be in good shape and all parts are present.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Has anyone tried to build a 16" para with one of these kits?? I realize this is probably blasphemy but it could be pretty rad.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jljr23:
Has anyone tried to build a 16" para with one of these kits?? I realize this is probably blasphemy but it could be pretty rad.
View Quote

It probably is blasphemous but I really like the idea.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 7:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pro_Patria_431] [#34]
Kit #2 arrived today. Better than the first one. The finish was in good shape, the wood was cleaner than the first, a few scratches and dings. The lower had the horizontal takedown lever and included the muzzle device.

I had planned on squirreling this one away, but will probably put it together as well. Resisting the urge for a third.

ETA: It didn't dawn on me until I started moving parts to the new receiver.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jljr23:
View Quote

Hmm,
The only barrel I have is a 16” and I DO have a para lower, bolt carrier and topcover sitting here...
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I caved and bought a 4th kit this afternoon and they went out of stock a couple of hours later.

Gone..All gone.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Me too.   4 and 5.  Nearly went ahead and bought the last one but I had to hold back.   Wife was giving me the stink eye...
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Kit #2 arrived today. Better than the first one. The finish was in good shape, the wood was cleaner than the first, a few scratches and dings. The lower had the horizontal takedown lever and included the muzzle device.

I had planned on squirreling this one away, but will probably put it together as well. Resisting the urge for a third.

ETA: It didn't dawn on me until I started moving parts to the new receiver.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358054/memebetter_com-20200819181926-1556352.jpg
View Quote

I used a bunch of those to make a trophy for the FAL match back in 2005.

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

I used a bunch of those to make a trophy for the FAL match back in 2005.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/le2hdedrr3petla/2005trophies.jpg?raw=1
View Quote

That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone want a nice HB Izzy kit? Not mine by the way.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878892878
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Kit number one is starting to look like a rifle. Still need to drill the barrel and measure headspace to get a locking shoulder.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks good!!!
I ended up sending mine to ARS, my barrel was going to need some lathe work in order to "time" right.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I just picked up my DSA Israeli receiver from the gun shop. Barrel should be coming any day now. I just need a receiver wrench.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#45]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Anyone want a nice HB Izzy kit? Not mine by the way.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878892878
View Quote

Holy Shit!

I have a $179 Imbel kit sitting in a box waiting for a receiver......
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Xanatos903:

Lucky you lol. Mine's definitely seen some use. I have a vertical takedown lever, and no muzzle brake in my package. A buddy got the opposite- horizontal and brake.

https://i.imgur.com/qlrQiWq.jpg

I like it though- it's got some patina and I don't have to care about tool marks as I reassemble it.
View Quote

You didn't get a muzzle brake because you got an early rifle that would not have had a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 9:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#47]
sold out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Since this thread is still alive, here's my kits finished. The top one required a little polishing to get the barrel to time. Both headspaced with the shoulder from the kits. They both run but shoot high, I haven't messed with the sights further. These were a pretty fun project.

Now I need to find a barrel for my Galil kit and get it finished.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I've been sitting on a izzy parts kit, with barrel and receiver for the past year. If sending in to ARS to build it out would it be beneficial to have the Parkerizing done? I have the DSA receiver and barrel, just never done a parts kit before and just curious if it will look mix of old/new not uniform.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#50]
This is what mine looked like right after I put it together. I've worn it down since then to a more used finish.
Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top