Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2015 4:32:29 AM EDT
Is the DS Arms SA58 compatible with Israeli standard barrel handguards/stock? How about heavy barrel handguards/stock? What is necessary to convert for both?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have fit the heavy barrel Izzy handguards to my DSA gun with the standard ring at the receiver.
It takes some squeezing down, but they fit nice and snug.
The light barrel Izzys should drop right in no problem from what I understand.
I haven't tried myself because of current price differences, $25 for heavy Izzy hndgrds as opposed to $100 for light Izzy handguards.

Edit; the light barrel Izzy buttstock fits on standard Metric lowers no problem.
They are shorter in length and I currently use them on a couple of my metric FAL's.
Not sure about Heavy Izzy buttstocks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have fit the heavy barrel Izzy handguards to my DSA gun with the standard ring at the receiver.
It takes some squeezing down, but they fit nice and snug.
The light barrel Izzys should drop right in no problem from what I understand.
I haven't tried myself because of current price differences, $25 for heavy Izzy hndgrds as opposed to $100 for light Izzy handguards.

Edit; the light barrel Izzy buttstock fits on standard Metric lowers no problem.
They are shorter in length and I currently use them on a couple of my metric FAL's.
Not sure about Heavy Izzy buttstocks.
View Quote

Ok just wanted to confirm. I have seen pictures of what appears to be non-Israeli FAL's with Hebrew furniture, but when I called DSA to ask them if it was possible, they were adamant that it wasn't possible.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Israeli light barrel furniture on one of my metric FALs. It is a straight bolt-on.
As noted above, the HB handguard rear flanges need only a bit of squeezing in to fit into the standard metric HG ring, easily accomplished with some pliers or similar. Stock is a straight bolt-on.
With either furniture set, make sure you have the buttstock ferrule, buttplate, and the ring spacer(s) that fits over the gas tube. Those are not interchangeable with other furniture sets, although I vaguely recall that a G1 stock ferrule can be used with a bit of fitting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#4]
As has been stated in a few prior posts the handguards fit, but you reduce the OD of the part that goes into the handguard retainer, this can be done by pliers or cutting and rewelding. There are also 2 spacers on a light barrel (on the gas tube) and only one notch cut in a set of HB handguards so you have to cut a front notch for the spacers.

The HB stock is a drop in as the pictured lower had a type C when I got it (Turk G1)

the grip is an American made Beech item (for Metric) I will stain it with Tung oil to match the other 2 pieces  

Just waiting on Coonan to build my matched serial upper
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:20:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Yup, with the light barrel stuff (if you can get it).

I got sick of the extra weight and put it back the way it came (except swapped out the aluminum lower for a steel one and traded the Austrian pattern stock for a humpback).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top