Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 11:19:39 AM EDT
My question/problem is I am starting to build a FAL ( I have had 3 FALs, but money issues I sold them) I have a Hesse receiver that can off of one of my old rifles. The receiver must have been one of the few
that actually by mistake functioned perfectly and with very little tweeking.Or do I go and buy a Cooan type 2. if I use the Heese I can buy the 16 or 18 complete DSA barrel assembly,if I go the Cooan route I can only do the stripped barrel ass'y.

Hive mind what sayeth thee- use a functional but namebrand undesireable reciver or go buy a trusted name.

Oh and before i'm asked I had the hesse swapped out with a gear logo imbel on a century fal I bought and sold over ten years ago. Again the hesse worked just fine, just needed a little deburring and t ran like a top.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
need more info:

will this be your only rifle?                         if so then quality trumps conviniance, i'd say buy the best you can afford and sell the hesse.

will you sell it in the future?                       if so then resell $$ will be less for the hesse.

range toy, i have other serious rifles.       build the hesse, since you know it runs.

personally i want every rifle i have to be the best quality i can afford. at any moment it may be the one that my life depends on. i would never put money into a hesse anything.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
No it won't be my only rifle,and I have a rock soild AR15 A1 that my serious rifle, I trust it fully. this would be a range toy at first but as it proved it's self it might move up the latter. As for selling I
don't plan on it but who can see the future .
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the Cooan .

The Hesse, even if you got a good one, has a bad reputation, and if you ever need to sell it, you will have a harder time getting someone to buy it. The Cooan has a really good rep, and will ad to the value......

As you say, you never know if you'll have to sell it or not.....

IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top