Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2012 6:45:28 PM EDT
Greetings,

Want to double check that this is a fair deal

Glock 19 w/4 mags + $350 for a century R1A1, 10 mags, 100 rounds of Yugo .308. He says it functions great, has a nice scope on it to.

Looking for guidance.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't do it.

The rifle MAY be one of the good ones or a total cluster-fuck, depending on which Angry Beaver assembled it that day. 10 mags are worth $150 tops, and the Yugo ammo is probably the light-blue boxed S&B, which means that it has very hard primers and is corrosive. Unless the scope mount is a DSA then it may or may not retain a decent zero, so count the scope and mount as "freebies" and not value-added items.

I'd offer a straight swap of G19+ 4 mags for the rifle and extras. You at least know that your Glock is reliable, something that can't always be said about Century FALs. Don't be afraid to drive a hard bargain, as there is nothing in the deal from his end that stands out as a particularly good deal.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
keep your glock, put $350 twards a better rifle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I would stay away for anything Century.  Century firearms are parts kits built on cheap receives by crackheads.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes Century builds can be problematic....but If you know/trust the guy and were to trade...I would do glock + $100
It would be ideal to test fire the rifle first.
YMMV
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wouldn't do it.

The rifle MAY be one of the good ones or a total cluster-fuck, depending on which Angry Beaver assembled it that day. 10 mags are worth $150 tops, and the Yugo ammo is probably the light-blue boxed S&B, which means that it has very hard primers and is corrosive. Unless the scope mount is a DSA then it may or may not retain a decent zero, so count the scope and mount as "freebies" and not value-added items.

I'd offer a straight swap of G19+ 4 mags for the rifle and extras. You at least know that your Glock is reliable, something that can't always be said about Century FALs. Don't be afraid to drive a hard bargain, as there is nothing in the deal from his end that stands out as a particularly good deal.

Couldn't have said it any better myself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top