Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 10:25:35 AM EDT
Which is better, the one piece pin or the two piece firing pin?

The reason I ask is because I had a "slam fire" episode with a SAR48 at the range a while back, which I attribute to a dirty or stuck firing pin, which happened to be a two-piece pin at the time. Is the two-piece more susceptible to slam fires than the one-piece pin?

Also, I note that DS Arms is selling an "updated" firing pin –– what's the improvement? I also see that they are no longer selling the 2 piece pin.

http://www.dsarms.com/Metric-One-Piece-Firing-Pin-Updated-Model––-037/productinfo/037/

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen one of each type fail but don't know which is more highly regarded.

I'm running the one piece now.

Keep a new one with your FAL at all times.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
From my understanding the two piece design is newer, and was developed due to the one piece pins breaking a lot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
From my understanding the two piece design is newer, and was developed due to the one piece pins breaking a lot.

Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know what was done to the "updated" DSA one-piece firing pin to improve it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top