Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2012 6:28:43 PM EDT
What do I need to know and look for in the kit?  What can I expect to pay for a receiver and a FAL builder to put it together?  I recently traded off my 50.00 and got the itch again
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems as though you may financially be better off to buy one that is already assembled.  The kits run $700-$800 pretty regularly, while it is often a struggle to sell a completed rifle for $1200-$1300.

Kit= $700 to $800, receiver about $400 including FFL transfer, US parts about $100, at this point you are already at the upper end of what a complete one sells for.  Then you have to figure the cost of the build if you don't do it yourself.  I am not sure what smiths charge for that, but it is bound to be $250 or more.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
+1....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I loved building everyone of my FALs, but like already stated, may  be cheaper to buy one already done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top