Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2011 11:24:59 AM EDT
Ok, I have acquired an L1A1 that was manufactured by century on an Imbel reciever.

I am wondering what exactly I have here, so here are some part numbers/ descriptions.

#1 Is it Chrome lined? If so, how can I tell? The barrel has a proof mark, it appears to be a flag looking stamp (cross X) with a crown at the top and at the bottom is a P or an R. No Dates as far as I can tell...but the bore end of the barrel is quite shiny. The gas block/regulator sight is open eared.

#2 The lower itself has a ton of different marking....here they go.

Left side: UE 61, A83132
Right Side:ZA-305
Bottom: 960-0071 60 D (with a line in the middle of the D going halfway towards the curve.

The sight appears to be a commonwealth sight, looks like a British sight, goes out to 600 and says YDS (oddly enough)

Charging Handle is folding with a serial of 960-2303 with the funny D and 58

Bolt is silver, but has D T on the near side with the extractor.
Also has the flag looking thing with a "P" at the bottom of the X under the flags.
Carrier has sand cuts and some kind of proof stamp, looks like it was double stamped. Also says "CX" on the top as well.

Hope this information helps.

I also have a TON of metric parts that came with the rifle, including a barrel (looks like a styr) and a metric lower complete with butstocks,and multiple sets of furniture.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Sand cuts on bolt?

I think i was told mine was a mix of brit parts along with canadian or australian.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
UE is Enfield.  You have a typical Century build, just like mine  Inch parts on an Imbel receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top