Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 10:54:27 AM EDT
I've got a DSA SA58 with irons only.  I'd like to add a Primary Arms optic for a bit more fun / enjoyment.  I hate the idea of "losing" the irons when adding an optic, but it's my understanding that low-mounted irons of the FAL almost guarantee that you'll lose the ability to use irons.

I've got a PA M3 clone on my AR, and I really like it.  Marsh has stated that he's got an integrated base micro on his FAL test rig, and it works well.  I'm currently leaning towards the purchase of a micro for my FAL, but thought I'd ask:

1)  Are there (relatively easy) mods I can perform which will allow a co-witness with an optic?

2)  Assuming the answer to Question 1 is yes, is that mod best suited for a micro optic, or something like the PA M3 clone?

3)  Assuming the answer to Question 1 is no, then what are recommended mounts / optics for the SA58?

Again, I'm planning on staying with Primary Arms for this optic.  Yes, I realize they aren't made for combat.  Yes, I realize they are "range only" optic.  I'm ok with that.  I just want to try some optics, and see what I like.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a DSA railed dust cover on one of my FALs and I tried an Aimpoint micro on it.  Even mounted directly to the rail there was no co-witness.  I seem to remember that DSA might make a railed dust cover with a recess, but I'm not sure.  Check their site.  Otherwise I think you might be SOL.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap.  Yeah, I forgot to mention I have the "Extreme Duty Extended" rail on mine as well.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
IM halffast, he has an ACOG on a FAL and I believe it allows the use of the iron sights while installed.

http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=12017

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top