Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 5:03:27 PM EDT
I was at a local rifle match today shooting my FAL for only the second time.  During one stage we had to shoot left handed and my hand seemed to keep bumping the safety select off the fire position.  It happened more once.

Has anyone else had this happen?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was at a local rifle match today shooting my FAL for only the second time.  During one stage we had to shoot left handed and my hand seemed to keep bumping the safety select off the fire position.  It happened more once.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm a south paw.  I am constantly aware of the selector position on my FAL and AR's because my shooting hand is always touching them.  It's just a fact of life that takes a little getting used to.  It probably depends at least a little on what type of grip is installed as well.  I have the M249 grip on mine lately and I'm not inadvertantly moving the switch back to safe from fire.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a lefty and haven't had the problem with my inch pattern FAL. Are you using the stock inch pattern pistol grip or some other?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm a lefty and haven't had the problem with my inch pattern FAL. Are you using the stock inch pattern pistol grip or some other?

Stock grip.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have short thumbs and an Ambi safety on my FAL, I find that using the ball of the Trigger finger on the right hand(I'm a righty) is easier.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#5]
A left handed shooter here. Never had it turn on by mistake. How strong is your spring? Are the detentes worn?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top