Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 5:57:30 PM EDT
Does anyone know what these are going for? DSA no longer has them listed and I can't seem to find any on the auction sites...

Is there anything I should look out for?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
DSA Built G1 rifles are poor sellers and that's why you don't see DSA churning them out.  G1's in general don't sell well.  There was a guy on GB and the falfiles that had a complete G1 built entirely of NOS FN G1 parts and he had it priced well.  IIRC it didn't sell.  That rifle was far superior to the DSA and it was priced lower.  I wouldn't get in very deep.  Excellent condition $1,400 would be as high as I would go.  Probably still lose $ on it when you no longer want it.  IIRC Dealer cost was $1,545 back when available.  You would be better off with an SA58
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. They're asking 1k, I really like the way the G1 looks with the dark duracoat and wood stock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy it.  Check barrel and confirm if FS is real or fake.  There will be a cost to debanning it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. They're asking 1k, I really like the way the G1 looks with the dark duracoat and wood stock.

If you're talking about the one at Firing Line in Aurora - I would pass...I also looked at it for a shooter (I have NIB DSA G1 that I would like to keep that way). The one they have shows signs of several blow primers on the bolt face, plus the gas regulator is way off in the closed position (not sure what's up with that).

my $0.02

Sakic #19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top