Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2010 8:21:33 PM EDT
my local ffl dealer called me and that he had a sar48 for sale.  got to see it and what caught
my eye is on the receiver it says MATCH but the barrel is probably only 18" or possibly shorter.
so do the pre ban sar48s come in different lenght barrels?   want to make sure before i seriously
invest in this one,  thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:01:19 AM EDT
[#1]
All of them were marked Match so that doesnt mean much. There were two barrel lengths available, 21 and 18 inch. The 18 inch would have a folding stock as well. If its shorter or does not have the folding stock it was most likely cut down...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

All of them were marked Match so that doesnt mean much. There were two barrel lengths available, 21 and 18 inch. The 18 inch would have a folding stock as well. If its shorter or does not have the folding stock it was most likely cut down...
Not true.

My friend bought a sar48 (match, of course) with the 18" bbl. No folding stock. Hasn't been cut down, cause the paint is not cracked around the bbl at teh muzzle device. (Bastard bought it out from under me, too. 800 bucks back in about 92.)

I've never seen a Springfield sar48 with a folding stock. The 18" sar48s were advertised as the bush model, just the same as the 18" M1-As at the time.

I really wish I'd bought that rifle, now. We had each just purchased M1-A and a Springfield 1911 at that show. That's when I saw the short sar48. I told him that if he didn't buy it, I would. I actually kind of talked him into it cause I didn't really want to drop another 800 but knew what a deal it was (considering the 89 ban). 'Til this day, I joke that he bought it out from under me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top