Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2010 4:22:00 PM EDT
Ok everyone I got the old stock off and man what a pain that stock was ment to stay there lol. the lower receiver is not bad and looks good it looks like who ever took it off didnt mess it up.

I wanted to know what is the name of the washer I need?

Would Lowes or Home Dept have it?

What is the size of the washer I need?

Also the screw that will go down into the pistol grip what is the length of it?

I need to know what it is called when I go in as Im sure I will stump them when I ask for it. I will be taking the lower in with the pistol grip just not on it. I dont want to scare anyone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
if you remove the hammer spring the pistol grip screw is below that....you can still use it....bring it to lowes to their hardware dept......they should have a display set up so you can screw the pg screw into various adapters to see what fits  so you can determine the right size.....tell them what you are looking for and they should be able to help you out......
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
if you remove the hammer spring the pistol grip screw is below that....you can still use it....bring it to lowes to their hardware dept......they should have a display set up so you can screw the pg screw into various adapters to see what fits  so you can determine the right size.....tell them what you are looking for and they should be able to help you out......

he is talking about a century thumbhole stock, they ground off the original bushing where the grip screw goes in. so he like myself need to know the length of the pistol grip screw so we can replace it with the proper length screw because with the thumbhole stock there was not a pg screw in it just a short fat wood screw..

this is a reply that you received on fal files when you asked the name of the part over there,
Hi KevsL1A1,
I bought the "bronze flange bearing" at Lowes.
The dimensions on the blister pack are:1/4x3/8x15/32x1/2. All in inches.
Manufacturer was listed on blister pack as: HILLMAN.
If it's not available locally, some of the vendors may have them listed as "pistol grip stud replacement"
Hope it helps.
Sparkeyboaz
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah i know what he is talking about...i have converted 2 of these and the original screw that came with the rifle worked just fine on regular pistol grips.....but you may have something else.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The screw on this stock wont work either really short more like a wood screw that you would find to put on a piece of wood trim. Im going out this week and will get the right thing I hope. I cant wait to get it together and then I may take it back apart later on and put some paint on it.

I want to shoot it first...............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top