Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 10:05:59 PM EDT
I owned an Imbel rifle about 6 years ago and sold it like an idiot.  Ive been shooting M1A's for years but I would like to get another FAL.

Im looking at getting an SA58C but I was wondering why there is such a price differance between the STG58's and the SA58's.  The prices Im referring to are on DSA's website as the MSRP.  I see a few minor differences such as metal handguard versus synthetic, bipods and carry handles versus none.  

Can someone break it down for me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The STG58s use cheaper surplus parts (less and less as they run out), and the other uses parts made by DSA.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The barrels are new now on the STG58 IIRC?   I bought a new one for $960 OTD in 2006.   Love it.   Plan on replacing the handguard for sure!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I owned an Imbel rifle about 6 years ago and sold it like an idiot.  Ive been shooting M1A's for years but I would like to get another FAL.

Im looking at getting an SA58C but I was wondering why there is such a price differance between the STG58's and the SA58's.  The prices Im referring to are on DSA's website as the MSRP.  I see a few minor differences such as metal handguard versus synthetic, bipods and carry handles versus none.  

Can someone break it down for me.

The StG58 is a great value IMHO - mine has an original Steyr barrel...one of last few DSA shipped out before running out. They now come with a US made Chrome Lined barrel...still good to go though!

Cheers,

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks fellas.

Im going to see how long the back order is for DSA.  Im going to secure the SA58 first, I think in about 3 more months I will place an order for an STG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top