Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 4:17:08 PM EDT
I've liked FALs and wanted to get one for a while. I had always heard that Imbels were some of the best but that they could only be imported into the US as parts kits and then rebuilt. While surfing the local pawn shops and gun stores today I came across an Imbel FAL that the store owner said wasn't a parts kit, but rather a complete Imbel. He said that at some point in time some Imbels had been shipped to Portugal or Brazil had their old receivers removed and then been rebuilt on new Imbel receivers designed for semi auto and then imported into the U.S. I had never heard of any FALs like this before and was wondering if any of you could shed some light on this.

It does have an Imbel receiver on it and looks brand new. I've never seen a FAL that looked that good aside from a new DSA build. Do any of you know anything about these?

And post 308 goes to a question about FALs, I guess that's fitting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The only Imbels I know of that were imported whole were the Springfield Armory's, but I'm not an expert.
Sign up at the FAL Files to talk with some genuine FAL experts who could give you better info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top