Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 5:43:50 PM EDT
I took in a FAL today that the upper and lower will not fit together. upon inspection I find that there is a pin threw the lower receiver at about the 10 o'clock position in relation to the hammer pin. All this pin does is stop the hammer from moving forward, nothing is attached to it. When I try to put the upper and lower together it is this pin that keeps the take down screw holes from lining up.

Seams simple enough to take the pin out, but I wanted to check into it first. I have never seen a FAL lower with this pin in it. The customer was not able to tell me what country this part came from. Sorry I don't have a pic. Anybody else run into this problem before? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I took in a FAL today that the upper and lower will not fit together. upon inspection I find that there is a pin threw the lower receiver at about the 10 o'clock position in relation to the hammer pin. All this pin does is stop the hammer from moving forward, nothing is attached to it. When I try to put the upper and lower together it is this pin that keeps the take down screw holes from lining up.

Seams simple enough to take the pin out, but I wanted to check into it first. I have never seen a FAL lower with this pin in it. The customer was not able to tell me what country this part came from. Sorry I don't have a pic. Anybody else run into this problem before? Thanks

keeps the take down screw holes from lining up.

What?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Whuuuuut?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You are describing a forged Argentine, semi-auto lower receiver (should only show two selector positions). It is designed to go with a corresponding Argentine semi-auto upper receiver (DSA imported a bunch in the '90s) that has a straight cut edge in the upper pivot block to fit the cross bar in the lower.

This was originally the Argentinian's way to prevent putting the semi-auto lower on a sear cut upper receiver.
ed; I also would not modify the lower, it is worth more for what it is, and a regular metric lower is easy enough to find.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[You are describing a forged Argentine, semi-auto lower receiver (should only show two selector positions). It is designed to go with a corresponding Argentine semi-auto upper receiver (DSA imported a bunch in the '90s) that has a straight cut edge in the upper pivot block to fit the cross bar in the lower.
This was originally the Argentinian's way to prevent putting the semi-auto lower on a sear cut upper receiver.

ed; I also would not modify the lower, it is worth more for what it is, and a regular metric lower is easy enough to find.

+1

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top