Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2008 7:44:17 PM EDT
I just received some used $7 mags from DSA and while they will work fine, they look like they been through a few battles...

I was wondering were can I get newer or better condition mags...

Thanks,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
usually DSA is the place to go for good used mags
i personally have bought many through DSA and most did not need a refinishing job, most looked new enough to throw in an ammo can and not worry about them
i will buy beat up ones for cheap3$ish a piece and blast, park, and refinish them
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you clean them up yet. I got 10 and few months ago and they looked pretty rough. but after I wiped them down, they looked pretty good. give them a little TLC, you may be surprised at the difference it makes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes they went into the ceaning vat and still in terrible shape, the only thing I can figure is they are geting to the bottom of the barrel these days and what I received was the rejects from the reject pile...

Anyway I will pay extra for a quality magazine.

Now I will bead blast these, K-Kote and bake, they will be OK, but compared to the ones I purchased from DSA at the NRA show in Houston a few years ago for $4, these are crap...

The $4 mags were like brand new.

Link Posted: 4/22/2008 6:14:52 AM EDT
[#5]
You probably just hit an unlucky part of the pile.  I got 10 of the $7 from them 2 weeks ago and 8 of them were brand new looking, didn't even look like they've been put in a gun.  The other 2 had finish wear, but only 1 of them I'd call ugly.

I've gotten over 100 of the $7 mags the last few months.  Only had 2 that didn't function perfectly, and not too many that were ugly once they were cleaned up.

Basically what I'm saying is, I wouldn't write them off from that one batch.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
DS Arms 20 round mags are $12 each now...
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DS Arms 20 round mags are $12 each now...

That's just the 'excellent' ones.  The 'good' ones are still $7.

I've ordered a few 'excellent' ones, and while excellent they were, half the good ones I've gotten are just as nice.

Link Posted: 5/1/2008 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
just got five 20 rd. mags in from dsa, all look good but one,it looks chrome at a glance.but all run with not one problem. just have to touch up the worn ones. two out of the five look brand new, i am happy with them, going to get 3 30 rd mags next.gotti
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I liked them better when they were $5 each!   Good mags though.   I would like to pick up another 20 or so but will not loose any sleep if I don't.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Just received five of the $12 mags in the mail, wrapped well, sticker said "Made in Austria" on each one....even though these are listed as used, they are new....

Oiled down with Kroil and then Sheath....

These are great.....I will pay extra for these

77Bronc
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#12]
who has parkerized ones, I got some DSA ones and they are blued.  thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm looking for some good ones too. I bought the $7 DSA mags and they were all a little worn, but better than the $5.?? from Centerfire. Anybody sell new ones?
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#14]
contact USGI_45 in this section, about 8 post down, he has some FAL mags for sale
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered 6 of the 7.00 mags last week and got 5 yesterday
As expected when I called they drop shipped me another one and I had a tracking# when I got home today.It's just a 7.00 mag but the gentleman that I spoke with treated me like I was his best customer.I may order the 12.00 ones next but I will order form them again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top