Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:13:29 PM EDT
I am a newbe and want a FAL. Which kit sjould I buy? A Imbel Metric or Australian L1A1 Inch kit? Which receiver should I buy? A Entreprise or DSA Arms? Where should I buy the kit? uggestions would help. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Go metric, the mags are waaaay cheaper and more plentiful.  Go DSA, they are the premiere maker of FALs today.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I went with an Entreprise receiver for my build.  Required a small amount of fitting on a few pieces.  Timed perfectly without any adjustments.  Some have had bad experiences with their receivers but I am pleased, especially with the price compared to the DSA.

You should go buy a lottery ticket.

You should also keep an eye on your headspace, over time (actually use) the receivers have been known to stretch out of spec.

I have an inch rifle on a metric receiver and I have not had any issues nor have I had any with my metric.

As said earlier, the mags will be much much cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Guys. Looks like I am buyin an Imbel. Recommendation on who has the best kits with U.S. made barrel?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on Metric. Plenty of available parts and mags. As for metric kits, I know Entreprise has some kits, $249.99. Kits also pop up over at falfiles quite often and for less than Entreprise. Possibly Century as well. You should be able to find a good Imbel kit for around $200.00

mfn
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an imbel inch-cut receiver with an L1A1 kit on it. The L1A1 is the sexiest rifle ever made and it runs flawlessly with inch or metric mags as many inch guns will.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have an imbel inch-cut receiver with an L1A1 kit on it. The L1A1 is the sexiest rifle ever made and it runs flawlessly with inch or metric mags as many inch guns will.

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/medium/Gunspics2_009.jpg

Is that the Penguin stock set? i want to finish my L1A1 build, but im not so sure about the US stock sets, what do you think?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
That's the crummy Century compliance set as far as I know. Someone added a swivel to the buttstock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top