Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2006 11:38:07 AM EDT
I have a problem that has been bugging me (well not that much) for years.

I purchased an Argintine FAL.  I took it out and it was beutiful!  It brought tears to my eyes it was so sweet. Afterward I look it down and cleaned and reassymbled.  I have a field manual so I am pretty sure I put it all back together just right.

Next time out - it ejects spent rounds but fails to strip the next round off the magazine.  Occasionally it will but the round does not chamber completely.

I have tried 10 diferernt mags, adjusted the gas settings up and down, made sure the recoil spring is not kinked, taken apart, put together multiple times.

Anyone have any ideas?  I have had this rifle for 10+ years and only shot it reliably once!  I will pull it back out every few years with the same results.

Thanks all!!

john
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you disassembled the gas system and replaced the piston spring and checked the gas piston fit?  Is the gas port hole open?  Does the bolt carrier slide freely?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for other things to check.  I have not replaced the piston spring.  What specifically would I look for in the piston fit (snug but no resistance?)

The carrier slide freely and it never has a problem chambering a round from the magazine when I rack the action.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
CHECK THE GAS PLUG (NOT IN THE GRENADE POSITION), AND ALSO THE GAS SETTINGS, WHAT AMMO ARE YOU USING ?, IF THE STICK IS NEW NO PROBLEMS SHOULD OCCURS, REMEMBER THAT FM IS A LICENSEE OF FN HERSTAL BELGIUM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top