Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 11:30:24 AM EDT
So I bought an FAL a while ago.  Cut the barrel down to 16 and added a nice compensator.  I've wanted one for a long time and finally got one.  Love it.  

Decided to build an AR so the wife could have a rifle to shoot.  You know for when the Zombies attack and stuff.  Figured the AR would fit her a little better.  It's lighter, recoils less and is cheap to shoot.

Took her out to shoot all the new long guns I've picked up this year.  If they're in the house (guns) she needs to know how to operate them.

Started with the 12ga.  Even though it's a gas gun it kicks like a mule compared to everyting else.  She shot it, hit everything she aimed at and now knows how to make it go boom if she needs to.  I might have neglected to mention how tight she should hold it to her shoulder.  Ooops.

Next up was my FAL.  With the Holland comp, this thing shoots like a dream.  Recoil is literally non existant.  She spend a few mags blowing up clay pigeons at 25 and 50 meters from both sitting and standing positions.  She's quite handy with a rifle even though she hasn't fired a long gun in some 15 years.  She liked it.

Next was the AR I built mostly for her.  Nothing fancy, just a mid length gas 16 incher.  I just put on a two stage trigger and as I demonstrated a few things I actually double tapped without meaning to.  Compared to the FAL trigger this was like a hair trigger.  I handed it over to her and she let loose on some more unsuspecting orange pigeons.  The 5.56 doesn't make them explode like the 7.62 does, but she had fun non-the-less.  She's quite handy with this one as well.

What's the point of this mindless chatter?  On the way home and for the following 3 days she told me how much she liked the "Thin Gun."  She liked the feel, the reaction of the targets, the recoil and just about everything else about it.  Guess which one is the "Thin Gun"?  MY FAL!

"Then why the hell did I build her an AR?"  Exactly.  I didn't know she would take to the FAL so much.  Fortunately I'm building another FAL (a Para Elite Tactical style) for me.  Now we can share mags and ammo when the Zed heads attack!!

It was a fun day.  She stopped complaining about how much I was spending on my Para build...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Another one............

Welcome to the addiction, we are FALBorg................
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
thin? FALs arent thin compare to ARs!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thin? FALs arent thin compare to ARs!

hand gaurds are alot thinner and the defector and foward ass make the ar thicker even though the lower is thinner
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a DD 9.0 handgaurd on the AR so the FAL guards are thinner, plus what he (MuRDoC) said.

Yeah, I give her crap for it still.  "The THIN one?"  Huh?  Hey, she likes it and I'm not complaining.
Well, other than the fact that MY FAL is now HERS.

Fortunately Knob Creek is this weekend so hopefully I can find the parts I need to finish off MINE.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
brother, I feel your pain.  I was at the funshop yesterday, and found a fairly nice DSA carbine (for a song!)  

My wife told me that since I bought the last 2 guns, (a POS $50 10/22 for a project and a Beretta M9 for somebody else's B-day present) it's her turn....and the evil woman claimed my FAL.  

I've been looking for this gun for the last 2 years, finally found a good deal on it, and I don't get to play with it......DAMMIT!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top