Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 11:05:28 AM EDT
i just put my arms mount on my fal...fit like a dream...my question is...whats that piece of metal at the back that prevents you from removing the bolt carrier? i imagine its important but what do you think would happen if it was removed? thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I  dremeled mine enough so that I could remove the bolt carrier without constantly removing the mount ( I was concerned about excess wear causing a loose mount).

It still works, but I think that it was a mistake removing it.  For one thing, the metal doodad would have prevented escaping gases from a ruptured case from being directed right back into your eye.  Now, I never fire the thing without eye protection.

I suggest that you keep it just the way it is.

Edited for poor grammer.  I think I'm getting dyslexic...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks...i will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top