Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 2:03:08 PM EDT
I'm suposed to look at an FAL tomorow. The guy told me it's a L1A1 that was manufactured in CA.
That's all I know right now he didn't know much about it.  

Just wondering if their's anything obvious i should be looking for or i should stay away from.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Manufactured in CA? Could be an Entreprise. I've heard both good and bad. They look nice though and I believe they come with a pretty good guarantee.

Google entreprise arms (no it's not misspelled).
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]

I'm suposed to look at an FAL tomorow. The guy told me it's a L1A1 that was manufactured in CA.
That's all I know right now  he didn't know much about it.

Just wondering if their's anything obvious i should be looking for or i should stay away from.

Anything but this
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What's the US parts count.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Put simply, you will need to replace 7 parts with US manufactured parts.

Furniture (handguards, pistol grip, buttstock) count as 3 parts.
Gas Piston counts as 1 part
Receiver (Enterprise/Coonan) is 1 part
Hammer, Trigger, Sear (FSE/DSA/Century) counts as 3 parts
Magazine followers/floorplates count as 2 parts
Charging Handle counts as 1 part
Muzzle device counts as 1 part

So there are a few parts that count as US parts.  If you are looking at a "Para", you can get US made lower from DSA which counts as a US part, then the folding buttstock counts also.

Easy way to tell, is pull the gas piston, see if it's stamped USA on it.  If it is, there is a pretty good likelyhood the other parts are in it.  However, be sure to ask if they know what US parts have been installed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 If you are looking at a "Para", you can get US made lower from DSA which counts as a US part, then the folding buttstock counts also..

That is incorrect, unless the stock is a US part also.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't DSA's Para lower a "kit" complete with the folder?  If not I must have misread the ad.  Then in that case, your correct.

I seem to remember someone else was making the folders, if you have an "imported" lower.   Can't remember who though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
DSA says that their Para lower kit is US made.

"Buttstock, carrier and alloy lower count as three US parts".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top