Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 1:23:03 PM EDT
My gunsmith put on a Belgian short flash suppressor on an Sgt58 build and tightened it down to the point where the ports point at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees (instead of 2 on each side).  I'm pretty sure I can just unscrew it and fix it myself, but is there a possibility that the threads have been permanently damaged?

What can I do if they have been damaged?

Thanks,
JZ
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt the threads are damaged, More than likely, that is where the flash hider naturaly indexed. When your smith tightened it onto the barrel. Each barrel flash hider combination must be indexed individualy. Perhaps the FH is not tight enough ?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a special tool (wrench) for the Belgian flash suppressor?

Thanks,
JZ
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I just use a open ended wrench that'll fit the flats, but ground down thin enough to fit in there... I've also had decent luck using a wrench that came with a pneumatic die grinder I already had...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Left hand threads!!!

ed;Combo & Stoll removal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top