Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 6:28:22 PM EDT
I'm not too familiar with FAL models.

It's a kit I had built years ago. I don't remember where the parts kit came from, I bought it online about 7-8 years ago and finally had it assembled on a new IMBEL(type2?) receiver a few years ago. Anyway, any help on the country/model would be appreciated.

I added the DSA scope mount last year.

Any identifying marks on the bbl or elsewhere to look for?

Thanks!

Before -

After -

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That was a G1 kit. The G1's were all Belgian made. Now it's built into a nice rifle.
The Imbel receivers are type III.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey timothy585, have you found anyone to work on your extraction problem?

Also, why does that rifle look so familiar?

Mine is still a work in progress though!

ETA:  I still wish I had brought my FAL the last time we went shooting.  That way, you could have done a side-by-side comparison to yours to narrow down your trouble.  Sorry man.

Edited Again to add info on the G1:
Germany

A number of FALs were made for West Germany and designated the G1 before the adoption of the G3 series of battle rifles, based upon the Spanish CETME battle rifle. The G1 featured a handgaurd dissimilar to the standard models, being slightly slimmer and featuring horizontal lines running their entire length. Also, the G1s were fitted with a model specific flash hider, adding another external distinction. The main reason for the replacement of the G1 in Germany centered around existing bitterness stemming from World War II and the refusal of the Belgians to grant a license for production of the weapon in Germany.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, looks like a G1. Evidently the Germans sent their G1's to Turkey who then sent the kits to us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top