Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 4:14:26 PM EDT
If you had to use one which would it be?
And where do I get one?

Its going on a Para FAL w. 16 in bbl

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
im hoping noveske makes the kfh in the thread for a fal. i have a 16in fal carbine with a us made
flash supressor and it is LOUD!!!! i mean like louder thana 300 win mag with a 20 inch barrel.
if anyone elase has any better choice please let us know.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]

I have an integral brake like this and it works great.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out www.gunpartsguy.com He has an stg58 shorty flash suppressor that isn't loud. The DSA brake on my 16" carbine works well as a brake, but it is LOUD even with earplugs. I am thinking of changing to the shorty. FALs don't recoil bad anyway.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.texastacticalgear.com/

This guy has phantom flash hiders for the FAL.

http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=002H&storeid=1&image=fhsteyrs.gif

DSA also offers a nice Steyr short flash hider for $20

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1511816#post1511816

These are real sweet!

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
The link to the falfiles is where I got mine!

Mike's Gun Works or MGW
Mike Crosby
2508 Birdie Thompson
Pocatello Id 83201

Super cool guy and I would buy from him again and again.  Really nice work!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#6]
why don't you use the standard belgian combo device?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm muzzle brake shopping myself as i have been told by the dsa gunsmith they don't have an effective brake.
Why a muzzle brake?
Control, i wanna shoot competitivly with mine,i can't speak for the guy that started this thread.
Enterprise arms has a couple that look good and i just read a positive review on their zero climb model.
Benny hill says he can do one for me but after buckin up for a dsa i'm not ready to dump another couple a hundred into this.
I think enterprise looks like the way to go for me,LH threads and 50 or so buck-a-roos
I had a jp benny cooly put on another fal and was dissapointed with the results.
For me,I want 2 fast shots per target,not a double tap,but 2 accurate shots.
.308 scores higher in most cases so thats why not not an ar.
thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]

I need a brake not a FS because of stupid state laws
I think I'm going for this one
Shorty
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If searching for a Muzzel Brake, I would suggest that you stay clear of any that have Top vent porting. Remember, what goes down in the front will come up in the back. Mainly, directly into your cheek bone.
The most effective types are the DSA 3 hole as pictured above, or check www.Vandenbergcustom.com
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Under the circumstances (no flash hider allowed & 16" barrel) I would go without a muzzle device or a fake one. Used to have a 16" FAL with a DSA short brake and that !@#$% was LOUD!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:22:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Under the circumstances (no flash hider allowed & 16" barrel) I would go without a muzzle device or a fake one. Used to have a 16" FAL with a DSA short brake and that !@#$% was LOUD!

The reason I want a MB is that I would like to have a threaded barrel in case I move to a non ban state. I need something to cover the threads that can be removed with minimal smith work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:44:30 AM EDT
[#12]
oh, i reckon a combo device doesn't count as a muzzle brake then even though it acts like one. oh well!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:44:30 AM EDT
[#13]
oh, i reckon a combo device doesn't count as a muzzle brake then even though it acts like one. oh well!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]
If I were getting a MB, not FS for an FAL I would get or see if I could get a .308 MSTN QC Quiet Comp / Brake--Check with wes @ mstn.biz and see if they have any in stock, and what type threads are available. IIRC, the .30's are 5/8 x 24

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top