Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 2:59:10 AM EDT
  Can anyone describe if any, the benefits of having a FAL with a short gas system vs a standard gas system? I ordered DSA's Short Gas System Rail Interface Handguard for my new DSA 16.25"  barrel and was contacted by DSA and was told that I ordered the wrong Rail Interface Hanguard. They told me that the standard gas system would be fine. I asked their armorer if there was any difference in performance vs the two gas systems. He stated without getting into any technical terms that there was none and it was just a preference with some shooters. Any insight on this matter would be of great help.

Pancho
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The short gas system is a little lighter.  If you ever plan on running a barrel shorter than 16 inches, the short gas system is needed to keep the system reliable.

If you have a standard gas system now, you need the standard rail handguard, not the short.

Did you order the barrel and handguard at the same time?  

They have a whole front end I want, 13 inch barrel with Browning style flash hider on short gas system.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I ordered them both together from Nicole at DSA, she's the one who called me back to give me the right Rail Interface Handguard. I most likely will use the rifle for three gun matches, I usually shoot with my Bushy or Colt rifle but I would like to experience a little variety now and thenhanks

Pancho
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top