Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 10:20:31 PM EDT
I need my barrel cut down and rethreaded.   I tried one shop but had a last minute no go when I mentioned suppressor use.   I want it a bit shorter and threaded PERFECTLY so I dont get baffle strikes on my suppressor.   Oddly I need 1/2x28 threading ( triple X suppressor)   I dont have tools to take the barrel off the upper.  I dont want to be charged a ridiculous price either.   One shop quoted me in excess of $200
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are talking about an FAL barrel, it won't work. At least not for long anyway.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Try ADCO..... they are highly recommended for their barrel work. I am planning on sending some work their way when I get some $$$

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, FAL.   I know the 1/2x28 is minimal threading for .308 rifles but have heard of some using it with success.   It's not FA and would only see a few hundred rounds per year suppressed.   My only other option is to have the suppressor threads recut and run an adapter with the AR.   I was considering 5/8x24 for that but not sure about whether or not the can has enough meat for it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Try AZEX Arms in Mesa, AZ. Derrick & Kevin will help you with that barrel.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Drop an email to John Glover (moses on the FAL Files) [email protected]  He's in the Charlotte area of NC and does second to none FAL work (to include cutting, recrowning and threading of FAL barrels).   Tell him what you need and see if he can help.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Try AZEX Arms in Mesa, AZ. Derrick & Kevin will help you with that barrel.

+10,000
If you want excellent FAL/L1A1 work done, these guys are the gurus.
Just visit their website, azexarms.com and you can see the superb quality of their work.

I need to send my CAI Inch R1A1 to them for a makeover.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top