Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 3:21:18 PM EDT
Understanding the FAL isn't the most accurate rifle, what would be your choice for optics. I can't stand the standard iron sites and need to goto an optic of some sort. I know it will not be a 1000 yard tack driver, but I would like to be somewhat accurate out to 300 yards. I have an Eotech holosight or a Leupold 3.5-10 VariX-III to choose from. What would the Eotech be accurate out to? Would I be able to get 200 or 300 yards out of it?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Leupold 3.5-10 VariX-III sounds like a good choice of the mentioned optics for out to 300 yards.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I would probably go with the holo sight. If all you need to shoot is 300 yards, then the Eotech would be your best and fastest. I live in the Nevada desert where it is really easy to see the bullets hit at 1,000 yards, (dust, don't you know) and I use the IOR M1 4x scope. The Leupold would be a bit of overkill, unless you are interested in shooting groups. The Fal is not a target rifle anyway, so go with what's fastest.
Regards, Willy, (desert rat)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top