Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:32:08 PM EDT
OK So I FINALLY got my Imbel receiver from my dealer and when I screwed the barrel in, it timed out at 6 oclock instead of 11. Does this mean I have to shave alittle material off of the shoulder?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
yep
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn. Maybe I'll do that at work tomorrow. Hand tight it should time to 11 oclock?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn. Maybe I'll do that at work tomorrow. Hand tight it should time to 11 oclock?

Make sure that the chamber face on the barrel is NOT contacting the backside of the feed ramps in the receiver.  This condition was common on late production IMBEL receivers.

Hnad time should be NO LATER than 11 o'clock. Anywhere between 1030 and 1100 will do fine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#5]
And what if it's touching the opposite sides of the feedramps?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And what if it's touching the opposite sides of the feedramps?

Then having the barrel shoulder machined will do you no good. If the breech face is contacting the backside of the feed ramps and the barrel times to 6 o'clock, then you will need .030 machined off of the breech face in order for that barrel to time to top dead center. That is alot to have machined away. In fact, you may not be able to get the headspace set with that much of the breech face taken off.
Another option is to use a breeching washer like those used on inch pattern rifles. (SLRs.The FALs commonwealth cousin).

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top