Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:31:50 PM EDT
its got a thumbhole stock, in pretty good condition; there was no muzzle device or threaded bbl

are these good FALs or are they questionable or have constant reliablity problems?

any idea where there were made or from what kind of parts they are built from?

it was going for $645, is this a reasonable price (i heard that a more reasonable price would be ~$450)....?

also, what do i look for--how do i know that i might be getting a 'lemon' when it comes to these CAIs?

are there any brands (perhapse DSA?) that have a chrome-lined bbl option--i dont think the CAI did....?

or should i just skip this all together and just get a PTR-91K from jensen arms for ~$750?

or just get one of these STG58s i keep hearing about....where is the best/cheapest place to find em online?

thanks all for the help
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you want a FAL or an HK clone?  I would skip the FAL you are talking about and find somthing a little better in no ban configuration.  If you are willing to spenf $750 on the PTR91 then are you willing to spend a little more and get a DSA made FAL?  There are a couple on the EE right now.  On the other hand the PTR is a fine rifle and you will be happy with it also.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
its a toss up--i have shot the PTR (it was ok), but more folks continually say that the FAL is better overall....

so i should just save my $$$$s and scout the EE for a DSA or a NIB PTR, right?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
its a toss up--i have shot the PTR (it was ok), but more folks continually say that the FAL is better overall....

so i should just save my $$$$s and scout the EE for a DSA or a NIB PTR, right?

I would definitley save your money and wait for a DSA or other FAL built by a well know Falsmith such as ARS, GCW, or AZEX.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
$645 sounds way too high to me.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#5]
The butthole stock means that it is the "old" CIA FALs, $645 is too high! That's an "okay" price for the newer CIA's with the new Green Mountain barrels.
DSA'a do not come with chromelined barrels, they either have the Styre barrels(STG58) or the Badger barrels(SA58)

For chromelined barrels, your choices are Imbel(Brazilian) or FMAP(Argy). DSA is/was going to have some actual FN chromelined barrels, but I haven't heard an update, and I don't know if they were US or Belgian made
GunPartsGuy also has new US production barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top