Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 9:33:36 AM EDT
I know how to take apart a regular FAL but how do you get the bolt assembly out of a para?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know how to take apart a regular FAL but how do you get the bolt assembly out of a para?

You must take out the dust cover/top cover and it will come out as one unit.  The recoil/return springs bolt and carrier are all held in the top cover on the Para Fals.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you loosen the screws on the top cover to slide it off?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The return spring is housed inside of the top cover, in your case sounds like you have a DSA Para mount, loosen all of the screws along both sides if the top cover, break the rifle open and carefully slide the top cover off with the return spring, the carrier and bolt will slide out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you loosen the screws on the top cover to slide it off?

Yes, I did not realize you had the scopemount/top cover.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a way to remove the bolt without removing the scope mount?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is there a way to remove the bolt without removing the scope mount?

I know that with a DSA mount, on a standard model with the hammer cocked the bolt can be removed without removing the scope mount, not sure about other brands of mounts.

With the Para models the mount must be remove because the return spring is housed in the mount.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty sure that the spring guide plate on the DSA para scope mount comes out without removal of the mount.
Found it
Doesn't show how but says that it does.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pretty sure that the spring guide plate on the DSA para scope mount comes out without removal of the mount.
Found it
Doesn't show how but says that it does.

Yeah, I remember seeing that.  Anyone know how this is done?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered this model the first week in November. "We have the barrels in, so 6 weeks for delivery."  Called the 27th Dec. "Two weeks." I called today, "2 to 3 more weeks. We didn't have the barrels but now we do but we need the receivers."

So check back mid Feb and I'm sure I can answer this for you. Assuming after they get the receivers they aren't short the folding stocks. That should about cover it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine this past summer. About 6 weeks from order to delivery.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
1. Unload your FAL
2. Unload your FAL again!he4. Push in on the guide rod and then down (you are really going upward not down remember your holding your rifle upside down). There is a notch in the scope rail cover that the end fits in. Pull out the spring and guide rod. Then to slide the bolt out, point the muzzle upward and it should slide right out. his

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9723/bolt19iu.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1355/bolt25wh.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9408/bolt34jg.jpg
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#13]
+1

That's how I do it.  I haven't taken my DSA scope mount off my para once yet.  I don't like rezeroing that much.

The guide rod just pushes in, down and then back out.  I haven't evern bothered with turning the whole thing upside down before, though.  I'm curious why someone would do that...

Cheers,

kk7sm

ETA:  I mean, I read the part about bolt jammed in receiver, but I have absolutely no idea how you would manage to do that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
1. Unload your FAL
2. Unload your FAL again!
VERY IMPORTANT! I’M ABOUT TO SAVE YOU TIME AND AGGRAVATION.
3. Point the rifle down with the pistol grip up. VERY IMPORTANT!
4. Push in on the guide rod and then down (you are really going upward not down remember your holding your rifle upside down). There is a notch in the scope rail cover that the end fits in. Pull out the spring and guide rod. Then to slide the bolt out, point the muzzle upward and it should slide right out.
At this point if your bolt is jammed in the receiver then you did not read the very important step number 3. Now you will need to loosen all of the screws on the rail cover and remove it to get your bolt out.

img62.imageshack.us/img62/9723/bolt19iu.jpg
img62.imageshack.us/img62/1355/bolt25wh.jpg
img62.imageshack.us/img62/9408/bolt34jg.jpg

THANK YOU! Worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Heck, I didn't know that could be done, good info.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I ordered this model the first week in November. "We have the barrels in, so 6 weeks for delivery."  Called the 27th Dec. "Two weeks." I called today, "2 to 3 more weeks. We didn't have the barrels but now we do but we need the receivers."

So check back mid Feb and I'm sure I can answer this for you. Assuming after they get the receivers they aren't short the folding stocks. That should about cover it.

I ordered mine in October; same story as yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top