Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 7:08:25 PM EDT
I finally decided I wanted to build a few FAL's.  With my previous AK builds, I have had the most fun with the trashed PLO kits, so I am not afraid of wear, as long as the barrel is decent.   So, I was just getting ready to send in an order for two SA FAL kits at $169 each with free shipping.  Just minutes before I am about to send in my order, this is posted in the sales thread:

ALL:

Unfortunately, this Group Buy is NOW CLOSED due to the untimely passing of FWRA.

Holy crap!!!  I must say, I wasn't expecting that!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn me either. FWRA was a great guy i had nothing but positive dealings with him over at the files.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Its a very sad deal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn...! And he was only 58!

Life is short amigos---use it wisely...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sad indeed.  I've met him several times and he was a friend of Campybob.  Check with Dansammo though, as he might have kits or Akronarmory might as well.

The lowest price I can find elsewhere is $229 which is for the Imbel kits.  Dan's is out, and likely won't be getting any more.  Akron Armory has kits priced at $259.  From what I have seen, FWRA was the only one to have kits priced so low.  Yes, the external was rough, but the barrels were in good condition.  I would love to find a couple of kits at $169 shipped, so if anyone has seen a similar deal elsewhere, let me know!  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You could try ammunitionstore.com.  They won't be that low but the barrels are in good shape.  Nothing will ever be that low again.

$169 is what FWRA was selling them for up until yesterday.  Often, there will be a couple of places selling at the same price.  But, it looks like I may be out of luck this time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't been over on the Files in a while, what killed FWRA?

He was a hell of a nice guy.  I got my para kit from his group buy.

ETA: Reading the linked thread answered my ?.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I haven't been over on the Files in a while, what killed FWRA?

He was a hell of a nice guy.  I got my para kit from his group buy.

ETA: Reading the linked thread answered my ?.  

He died of a Massive Heart Attack while he was sleeping! Prayers are especially needed for his family, since they have had a very hard year!  With the Suicide of his daughter and now the passing of Mark.

Ant
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#10]
There will be a raffle on the FAL Files to raise money for his family.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a long phone coversation with him about 2 months ago. after his wife was in the hospital.

He was one of those guys that you feel like you've known all your life after talking to him for just 10-15 minutes.

This was a quote in the FAL files, but I spoke to him about 3 months ago. Never met him but it was like I knew him for a long time. Sorry to hear this.

Like I said in the FAL Fles. Makes you realize how blessed we are sometimes.

I have been Bummed out over having a B-day and one year closer to the Grave.

Prayers go out to all that know him
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
FWRA was good man and a friend.  I've had many dealings with him over the years.  He will be sorely missed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top